Monday, August 6, 2012

Preparing for Kindergarten

The kid is about to start kindergarten. In many ways I'm thrilled. I was practically giddy the day I wrote his last pre-school tuition check. I am excited that he'll meet who I hope are lifelong friends and of course I hope he'll become a lifelong learner.

But I'm also a little freaked out. I'm scared of the day he outgrows me physically (by my guestimation he'll be taller than me by 3rd or 4th grade) and I'm even more terrified of the day he outgrows me mentally! I don't even know if I can google fast enough to keep up with all the things that he'll be learning and I've forgotten. I could rattle off some pretty useless information but I'm worried about the day I have to help with homework... diagramming sentences, long division, anything science-related... so many things! I'm worried about bullying-- both being on the receiving end and being on the giving end. I am worried about when do we need to give him a cell phone.

Ugh. When did I get old and responsible enough to have these worries in life?!?

2 comments:

  1. at least you have the internet to help refresh your brain. it'll be like you're going to school all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can always send him over to Julia's for tutoring... hehe.

    ReplyDelete