Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Olympic Fever... more like Olympic sniffles

I love the Summer Olympics. I love the parade of nations at the end of the Opening Ceremonies (I could do without the theatrics of the actual opening ceremony) and seeing the small countries with only 2 or 3 athletes. I love to watch swimming, gymnastics, and track & field. I love watching the presentation of the medals. But this year, I feel really let down and it has nothing to do with performance of athletes or the fanfare. I feel as if I've been punished by the powers that be at NBC for not being a cable subscriber. I haven't been able to catch much of the sporting events and have seen more of Ryan Seacrest than I should ever have to for an Olympics. The other day my family and I sat at a Carl's Jr for much longer than I would have cared for only because they had CNBC showing women's archery.  I love that they keep advertising the Olympics app and going to NBCOlympics.com but you can't actually watch anything unless you have some magic login that only cable subscribers have. I would have gladly paid money to access the app. But no one asked me.

I'm awarding a participation ribbon to NBC... not even an honorable mention ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment