Friday, August 10, 2012

Adult time

Since having a kid and becoming a responsible adult, happy hours and movies are real treats (even more so than finding your favorite cereal on deep discount and you have a coupon!) So I decided that it was time we got a sitter and the hubs and I could go enjoy a rare happy hour with our friends without kids.

So I called up one of these kid-free friends to see if he and his wife were up for happy hour. Since I called on a Thursday, he assumed it was for that evening. I corrected him and said that it was for Friday, the following night, to which he informs me, "That's not happy hour when it's on a Friday. It's simply called the weekend." 

I've been out of this game for so long, I'd forgotten the rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment