Sunday, November 25, 2012

Elf on a shelf

For a couple of years now I've thought of doing Elf on the Shelf. Pinterest makes it seem like a lot of fun making a mischievous elf count down to Christmas... but holy moly it seems like a lot of work! Pinterest has taught me that ordinary just isn't good enough anymore. I could very easily just move the elf from one place to another each night (assuming I remember to move him) but then I would have nothing to take pictures of and blog about or facebook brag about! I need to have my elf taking a "bubble" bath in a bowl of marshmallows or knocking a bag of flour off onto the counter tops with fresh baked cookies beside him. But the only thing I see when I see these pictures on Pinterest is a bag of wasted marshmallows and flour that I'm pretty sure the elf isn't going to help me clean up. Am I being a lazy parent by robbing my child of this Christmas "tradition"? Yes, probably. Oh well. I can live with that.


1 comment:

  1. Lazy no. Practical yes. And definitely not insane like all those I must one-up another parent doing the creepy elf on the shelf gag.

    ReplyDelete